Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Unit 2 Choice 2 John 14:15-17, 26-27 15:26-27 16:7-8, 13-14 The Savior's Instructions about the Holy Ghost

What the Savior taught about what the Holy Ghost does and what disciples must do to receive the Holy Ghost:
John 14:15-17  Keep the commandments, He comforts, dwells within you
John 14:26-27  teaches all, reminds of things, gives peace
John 15:26-27  Testifies of Christ, We must bear witness
John 16:7-8      reprimands the world of sin
John 16:13-14  Guide into truth, Glorify God

Will not leave us comfortless, If we seek to do good we will have that Holy Spirit with us.
President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910–2008) taught:
“The Holy Ghost is the Testifier of Truth, who can teach men things they cannot teach one another. … Moroni [declared], ‘And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things’ 
The Holy Ghost helped the apostles after Christ's death and resurrection to fulfill their missions. He taught them and helped them to recognize what was needful and what was not. 
The Holy Ghost has definitely been there for me in all times of trials and struggles. In the beginning of High School my favorite uncle was having many health issues and there came a day that was very scary that we did not know what was going to happen to him. I prayed so fervently that afternoon after school and I began to fast. I cried a lot, but I felt immediate peace. I remember the next day at school as I was ending my fast near the end of the day. I was looking up at the clock and just pondering/praying, hoping that I would be able to hear some good news when I got home. I had so much peace and reassurance that things would work out. Of course the journey is not easy when certain things happen, but we can have peace and feel the Savior near. 

No comments:

Post a Comment